Dermis / Дерма на английском языке. Лекция №4
Dermis is a connective tissue layer of mesodermal origin subjacent the epidermis and its basement membrane. The dermis-epidermal junction, especially in thick skin, is characterized by numerous papillary interdigitations of the dermal connective tissue and epidermal epithelium. This increases the surface area of attachment and brings blood vessels in closer proximity to the epidermal cells. The epidemis, like epithelia in general, is devoid of blood vessel. Histologically, der-mis consists of two identifiable regions.
Papillary layer, associated principally with the dermal papillae, is the most superficial layer. It consists of a loosely packed, irregular meshwork of collagen fibrils that contain fine blood vessels and nerve endings.
Reticular layer is the deeper dermal layer and consists of coarse collagen bundles intertwined with elastic fibers in a gel matrix. This layer is a typical dense irregular connective tissue.
HYPODERMIS: this layer of loose vascular connective tissue is infiltrated with adipocytes and corresponds to the superficial fascia of gross anatomy. However, since it contains the deepest portions of the cutaneous glands and hairs, it is also an important part of the skin. The hypodermis fastens the skin to underlying muscles and other structures.
dermis – дерма
connective – соединительный
membrane – мембрана
junction – соединение
to be characterized by – характеризоваться чем-то
numerous – значительный
to increase – увеличивать
surface – поверхность
area – площадь
bring – приносить
to consists of – состоять из
to contain – содержать
collagen – коллагеновый
Если перед существительным употребляется прилагательное, оно стоит между артиклем и существительным.
E. g. This is a book. This is a good book.
Вставьте артикль, где необходимо
1. We have… large… family.
2. My granny often tells us… long… interesting… stories.
3. My… father is… engineer. He works at… factory… factory is large.
4. My… mother is… doctor. She works at… large. hospital. She is at… work now.
5. My… aunt is… teacher. She works at… school… school is good. My… aunt is not at… school now.
6. She is at… home. She is drinking… tea and eating… jam… jam is sweet.
7. I am at home, too. I am drinking… tea and eating… sandwich… sandwich is tasty.
8. My sister is at… school. She is… pupil.
9. My cousin has… big… black… cat. My cousin’s… cat has two… kittens.
10… cat likes… milk… kittens like… milk, too.
11. I am… engineer.
12. My… son is… pupil.
13. He is… good… pupil.
14. This is… house.
15. This is my… pencil.
16. You have some… pen cils, but I have no… pencil. Give me… pencil, please.
17. I like your… beautiful… flower. Give me… flower, please.
18. My… mother is at… home. She is reading… interesting… book.
19. My… father is not at… home. He is at… work. He is… doctor.
20. He is… good… doctor. He works at… hospital… hospital is large.
Answer the questions.
1. What is dermis?
2. What does dermis consist of?
3. What is the dermis-epidermal junction characterized by?
4. What increases the surface area of attachment?
5. What is the epidemis devoid of?
6. What is principally associated with the dermal papillae?
7. What is reticular layer consists of?
8. What is typical dense irregular connective tissue?
9. What does epidermis consists of?
10. What contains the deepest portions of the cutaneous glands?
Make the sentences of your own using the new words (10 sentences).
Find the definite and indefinite articles in the text.
Find one word, which is a little bit different in meaning from others (найдите одно слово, которое немного отличается от других по смыслу):
1) a) skin; b) knife; c) dermis;
2) a) fire; b) membrane; c) cell;
3) a) connective; b) collagen; c) table;
4) a) nose; b) book; c) mouth;
5) a) ear; b) throat; c) skirt.