Terrorism. Терроризм: Лексика на английском языке
Terrorism is a term used to describe violence or the perception or threat of imminent violence.
Виды терроризма. Types of Terrorism.
- Civil Disorders – A form of collective violence interfering with the peace, security, and normal functioning of the community.
- Political Terrorism – Violent criminal behaviour designed primarily to generate fear in the community, or substantial segment of it, for political purposes.
- Non-Political Terrorism – Terrorism that is not aimed at political purposes but which exhibits “conscious design to create and maintain high degree of fear for coercive purposes, but the end is individual or collective gain rather than the achievement of a political objective”.
- Quasi-Terrorism – The activities incidental to the commission of crimes of violence that are similar in form and method to genuine terrorism but which nevertheless lack its essential ingredient. It is not the main purpose of the quasi-terrorists to induce terror in the immediate victim as in the case of genuine terrorism, but the quasi-terrorist uses the modalities and techniques of the genuine terrorist and produces similar consequences and reaction. For example, the fleeing felon who takes hostages is a quasi-terrorist, whose methods are similar to those of the genuine terrorist but whose purposes are quite different.
- Limited Political Terrorism – Genuine political terrorism is characterized by a revolutionary approach; limited political terrorism refers to “acts of terrorism which are committed for ideological or political motives but which are not part of a concerted campaign to capture control of the State.
- Official or State Terrorism – referring to nations whose rule is based upon fear and oppression that reach similar to terrorism or such proportions.”
Terrorist attacks are often targeted to maximize fear and publicity. They usually use explosives or poison, but there is
also concern about terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction. Terrorist organizations usually methodically plan attacks in advance, and may train participants, plant «undercover» agents, and raise money from supporters or
through organized crime. Communication may occur through modern telecommunications, or through old-fashioned
methods such as couriers.
The 11th of September, 2001
On Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001 terrorists attacked America in a series of despicable acts of war. They hijacked
four passenger jets, crashed two of them into the World Trade Center’s twin Towers and a third into the Headquarter of the US Department of Defense at the Pentagon, causing great loss of life and tremendous damage. The fourth plane crashed in the Pennsylvania countryside killing all on board but falling well short of its intended target apparently because of the heroic efforts of passengers on board. This carriage which caused.
The collapse of both Trade Center Towers and the destruction of part of the Pentagon killed more than 250 airplane passengers and thousands more on the ground. The newspapers were head-lined: “US attacked”, “America’s bloodiest day”, “Terrorists in jet killed thousands”, “Terrorists destroyed World Trade Center, hit Pentagon in raid with
hijacked jet”. Civilized people around the world denounce the evildoers who devised and expected these
terrible attacks. Justice demands that those who helped the terrorists must be punished. The USA uses all the resources of the country and allies to pursue those responsible for this evil, until justice is done. Everybody mourns with those who have suffered great. Nowdays the 11th of September is observed as A National Day of Prayer and Remembrance, honoring the memory of the thousands of victims of these brutal attacks.